Thursday, November 5, 2015

My new favourite perfume: La Vie Est Belle


Hello!  It's been a while since a new fragrance snuck it's way in to my home.  I'm super picky about perfumes, I either love a scent or can't stand it and it's very rare that I find a scent I love.  I always test out perfumes on my skin and wear it out for a few hours before I decide if I like it or not.  Last year I became obsessed with Prada Candy; sweet, warm, caramel and perfect for the winter time.  I thought I would never find another perfume I liked as much as that one, I had to make myself switch up perfumes for spring/ summer otherwise I would have used it up too quickly!

Well I was really surprised to find a scent I loved not only just as much, but even more.  I know this perfume has been out for a while so I'm late to the party but the Lancome La Vie Est Belle is now my new winter scent.  I happened to test it as our local department store had a sale on a selection of perfumes and this was one of them.  I was trying to pick one out of three I liked, La Vie Est Belle, Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Forever, and Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium.  The reason I went with La Vie Est Belle was because of it's amazing lasting power and how good it smelt on my skin even after the top notes have worn off.  The Daisy Forever smelt lovely and a bit chocolatey which I liked but after the first 20 minutes or so I couldn't really smell the unique initial scent it starts as.  Black Opium also smelled amazing for the first 20 minutes or so and then after that it smelt the exact same as my YSL Cinema perfume does on me.  La Vie Est Belle however has an amazing sweet complex scent when you first spray it on but then dies down to a still less complex but deliciously sweet scent which lasts for hours on me.  The initial scent dies down to something like sweet pralines with hints of florals, truly good enough to eat.  Since I bought this I've had people ask what I'm wearing and comment on how good it smells.  I thought I would be alternating this with the Prada Candy but at the moment I just can't bring myself to switch it up because I'm so in love with the scent of La Vie Est Belle.  I can't believe I've found something I'd rather spritz on than my beloved Candy!
This scent is going to appeal to people who like sweet scents so if you're a more cool citrus-y type you'll probably want to give this a miss.  If you like smelling sweet all day long and you haven't tested this on yourself yet you might want to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment