Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas preparations, reading and lipstick

Hello!
I hope you are enjoying December.  Things have been getting Christmassy at home.  Paper snowflakes have been made and the Christmas tree has been put up.  I have even had my first glass of mulled wine and it was delicious.  The only thing that hasn't gotten under way yet is Christmas shopping, but that is normal for me!  I'm definitely someone who leaves it until the last minute!  Not because I don't think about it but because I do think about what to buy for ages!
I've only got two more weeks left at work before I can go home for the Christmas holidays and I can hardly believe it.  Those two weeks are going to be some of the toughest to get through because that's when a lot of performances get crammed in.  The Christmas holidays are the time when people seem to enjoy going to the theatre the most!  Luckily I caught up on a lot of sleep this weekend so I should be prepared!
As I recently finished reading the Great Gatsby I was trying to think of something else to read and this came to mind.  I was going to buy something but then I realised I could be thriftier by reading something I already owned.  I bought this years ago and just could never get in to it but this time I'm going to give it more effort.  The only time I find I can relax and focus my mind on a book is when I'm in the bath and these cold months are definitely the best time for that so maybe I'll finally get in to it!

Pink Thistle shade 36
Speaking of shopping my own stash of goodies I recently wanted to jazz up my make-up look for the weekend and came across and old favourite lipstick I haven't worn in a while.  It's number 36 by Art Deco from the Perfect Colour Range and is such a gorgeous wearable pink.  On the website it's called Pink Thistle.  It's creamy and relatively matte, which everyone seems to be in to at the moment.  It doesn't slide straight off the lips, the pigmentation is very good and the price is affordable.
I like the shade because it's pink and stands out on the lips but isn't so bright that you feel uncomfortable wearing it in the day time.  In my picture it's slightly more glossy looking because I had put it on over a natural but glossier lipstick that just wasn't doing it for me that day.
Art Deco Lipstick Shade 36
That gave me a reason not to spend any more money on a new lipstick that day but today I wasn't so well behaved and bought myself a new dark red (it was on sale!).  I got the L'oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the shade Blake's Pure Red.  I will have to take some photos of that soon.
Time for me to get ready for bed!

Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie


No comments:

Post a Comment