Friday, July 10, 2015

Bourjois Nude Sensation Foundation Review

Hello there!

I've got a long weekend to finally relax and rehabilitate...so naturally I've decided to write a blog post!  It surprises me that I feel motivated to blog as soon as I have the time and space to do it.  I obviously enjoy blogging and wish I could figure out how to do it more permanently.  For the meantime though I will have to make do with squeezing in little posts when my schedule allows me the time.
I wrote recently about how new make-up purchases had been happening in the past few weeks including this spur of the moment foundation purchase.  In the last couple of days before the wedding I literally ran around the shops purchasing anything and everything I thought I might need.  Talk about leaving things to the last minute!  Something I hadn't quite decided on at the time was whether or not I was going to wear foundation on the day.  I don't really enjoy the feeling of wearing foundation so normally I go with out it.  We have to wear really thick foundation for performances and I think that puts me off wearing it on an every day basis even more.  I had been having the odd spot appear though so I thought I should buy something in case and just decide on the day.  
I considered buying the foundation I normally use but had left at home, however it seemed daft to buy a foundation I already owned so I opted for the new Bourjois Nude Sensation Foundation.  I tested it on the back of my hand in the shop and the colour match of shade 42 'Nude Rose' seemed really good.  What appealed to me even more was the texture.  It felt really light and soft on the back of my hand so I decided to take and risk and just go for it.


On the day my skin luckily was really good, I took up an intensive skin care regime (which I'll write about at some point) a week or two before and it paid off.  As there would be so many photos taken I decided to go for it and wear the foundation anyway.  I couldn't go wrong really as it was so light it was barely visible on the skin.  I still felt a bit more confident though that my skin tone was evened out and more matt.
I don't think this foundation would be good if you want a lot of coverage as it is quite light and sheer.  I have layered it on a bit thicker though for example under the eyes by patting it in with my finger which seems to work well on areas you need more covered.  The texture does remind me of a silicone based primer, just with a bit more colour, so if that's your kind of thing you'll probably love this.
I really enjoyed using this on the day mostly because it felt so much nicer on my skin than I was expecting to feel from a foundation.  It felt smoothing and light and I really didn't notice I was wearing it at all on the day.  I pretty much loved it and would definitely pick this to wear for a big event again in the future.
I'm just glad that this wasn't a wasted purchase!

Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

2 comments:

  1. love the review :) I'm interested to swatch/give this a try as it must be quite refreshing to have a light summer foundation instead of a heavy one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I think you should definitely give it a go! x

      Delete