Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New hair, Garnier Color and Shine in Chocolate

Hello!

I hope you are well.  I dyed my hair again last weekend after a long period of leaving it to grow naturally.  I hadn't dyed it for so long because of a really bad episode of eczema that had affected a few parts of my body including my scalp so any potential irritants were off the menu big time!
My skin has been calm again for a few months now and I was feeling really dowdy with my natural hair colour (quite a pale sort of mousy brown).  I decided it was time to use another semi permanent dye to give my hair some vibrancy again.
I chose the shade Chocolate 5.35 from the Garnier Color and Shine range.  I've used this range before and really liked the results but never used this particular shade.
I did an allergy test as you always should 48 hours before and all was fine so I went ahead and let my personal colourist (fiancé) do the dyeing.
The result was quite a bit lighter than I had expected.  I wanted a warm brown but it was a bit more warm red brown.  I usually go for quite a red colour dye so didn't mind the red in the colour and feel that it warms up my face.

 These photos were taken almost immediately after my hair was dried and I hadn't even properly brushed it yet.  I'm very pleased with the results.  The difference is actually quite natural and subtle but I can really notice it when I look in the mirror and I feel like I look much fresher.  I like semi permanent dye as I don't feel like it's as damaging as long as I don't do it too often and I still feel that my hair retains some of the colour for quite a while.

Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie

No comments:

Post a Comment