Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Topshop Gloss Ink In Sugar Rush

Hello there!  Ever since I bought Topshop Gloss Ink in Smitten I've been, well....smitten.  Ha, I had to.  Seriously though, I was so impressed with the staying power of the bright pink lip stain that I was determined to buy others.  I thought I needed a day/work version, something as long lasting and pretty but in a more natural shade.  Enter Sugar Rush.  The perfect everyday pink.
I love the shade.  It really is my natural lip shade but with a slightly more enhanced pink hue to them.  Plus the glossy-ness is quite nice.  The formula is really nice to apply using the soft doe foot applicator and it smells good too.  It smells super sweet which suits my taste fine, I mean it is called Sugar Rush after all!  It has a slightly gel like consistency which feels like it should be very sticky but isn't.
So far so good.  Unfortunately the down side of this shade is that it doesn't seem to have the lasting power of Smitten.  Maybe it's something to do with the high pigmentation of the colour of Smitten that means it still seems to be lingering on my lips even into the next day, but with Sugar Rush as soon as I had gone out for some lunch I needed to re-apply it.  The thing I loved most about the Gloss Ink was the lasting power so this was disappointing.  Maybe the other brighter shades will have the staying power of Smitten but Sugar Rush doesn't stain the lips as well.  Never mind though, I still love the shade and will just have to keep re-applying it for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment