Thursday, March 20, 2014

Garnier BB cream Pure Active

Hello!

How are you?  I hope you had a nice day.  I recently wrote about the Garnier BB cream for sensitive skin which I loved but was put off using once I realised it contained parabens.  Then I saw that they had just brought out a new Pure Active anti-imperfections version which seemed to be paraben free!
I had ordered a new Bourjois foundation from ASOS so tried to resist buying this but my skin was being temperamental and it was taking ages to arrive so when I saw the BB cream on offer I decided to give it a go.
I like that this is designed for 'combination skin prone to imperfections' and contains 2% salicylic acid to help clear your skin as well as cover it.  There were only two shades available, medium and light and as my skin is quite pale I went for light.  I have used the shade 'light' in the other range of Garnier BB creams before but I found that this one was a bit too orange for my skin.  It's not too noticable if it's spread out quite thinly over my skin but I definitely noticed it more than when I used the Garnier BB cream for sensitive skin.
Maybe it's a coincidence but since I started using this my skin has cleared up quite a lot.  I've ended up using this more as a concealer and mixing it with the bourjois foundation which did eventually arrive and is quite a bit paler than this to lighten it up.  I quite like the idea that it is helping to fix the blemish as well as cover it up.  All in all I like the concept of this BB cream a lot but it would be great if it came in a paler shade as well.
I'm off to sleep now, I need an early night!
Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment