Friday, March 14, 2014

Shopping for crafty things

Hello there,

how has your week been?  Mine has been busy as I predicted.  There have been a lot of rehearsals and I have been really tired.  I'm excited that it's nearly the weekend though.  I have a show to do and after that a work party to go to which is nice.
Last weekend I did a lot of walking around town and couldn't resist popping in to the fabric store to pick up a few bits and pieces.  As well as making a veil for my wedding I decided I would have a go at making my own sparkly belt.  I saw some on-line and they are so pretty but can be quite expensive so I wanted to have an experiment and see if I could make something I liked.
I bought some white ribbon and found some pretty appliqués in the fabric store which were less than 2 euros each.  I also bought some sequins and a metal brooch to experiment with.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with them yet but I have enough ribbon to make two belts with so I can try different things out.  I also found a delicate sparkly chain which I thought could go on the front of my veil or on the belt and some small lace flowers which I might cover the combs on the veil with.
The little lace flowers were only 6 cents each!  I'm looking forward to doing some experimenting soon, hopefully this weekend.

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment