Monday, February 18, 2013

Cameras - Olympus SH-21

This is a post I've been meaning to write for a while but haven't on account of the fact that I hadn't spent enough time learning about my new Olympus SH-21 camera yet to write about it.
I'm not a camera expert at all, my boyfriend has a much deeper interest in photography than me.  He bought himself a Canon 1000 D a while ago and recently upgraded to a Canon 60 D which he takes gorgeous pictures with.  For the purpose of taking nice photos for blogging those camera's are way out of my price range right now (plus I can always just grab his if I'm in need of a super fancy photo) so I was on the lookout   for a fairly decent digital compact camera.

Fantastic camera, but does it come in pink....?
I'm a super wussy girl so one of my main aims was to get a camera that was light otherwise I know I'd never take it anywhere with me!  I narrowed it down to a small selection and when I eventually went to the shops to purchase one I was swayed by the HD quality video recording and high number of megapixels this camera offered for the price (plus it was on offer in the sale!).
Trying to get my camera to take a picture of itself!
Obviously this camera takes much greater quality photos than my old old Kodak with it's 6.1 megapixels.  I still haven't got to grips with everything this camera can do.  I've mostly been playing around taking photos with it's manual setting which I take the majority of my photos with to avoid using the flash.

So far I have enjoyed using it and it's light to carry around in my handbag (which was my main objective really!).  I still take pictures with my boyfriends Canon and his super magical lenses and wonder if it's possible to get my Digital Compact Camera photo's to turn out like that.  I highly doubt it but if I figure it out I'll let you know!

xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment