Wednesday, April 22, 2015

GOSH Forever Eyeshadow Stick Review: Shade 03 Light Bronze

Hello!
I hope you're having a good week.  It was my birthday recently and I've developed a little tradition of buying myself a couple of things to celebrate.  I usually end up purchasing cosmetics and this year was no exception.
I had been eyeing up the Gosh Forever Eyeshadow Sticks for a while after testing them on the back of my hand and finding they had really good staying power as well as being very pretty shades.  I particularly loved the neutral shades.  My favourites were 01 Silver Rose, 02 Beige and 03 Light Copper.  I went for the light copper because it's the kind of shade I knew I would wear every day but the other two were really beautiful too.
The eyeshadow sticks have a metallic sheen which is pretty and shimmery without a hint of glitter and the colour payoff is rich and opaque.
As with most crayon stick type make-up products it is really easy to use.  The crayon is just the right size, not too chunky so that you get more control over where you apply the shadow.  It glides on a creamy consistency and I don't tend to blend it out but I imagine it would blend really well.  Having worn it many times now I noticed that it does eventually start to disappear in to the crease of my eye lid yet it does remain on the lower part of the lid near the lashes.  This hasn't stopped me wearing it regularly as it's what I expect now as the same happens to me when I wear the Maybelline 24hr Tattoo cream eyeshadows.  I have sensitive eyelids that become dry easily if I don't moisturise them every day so I put it down to the moisturiser I put on underneath the shadows causing the cream eyeshadows to slide about.
It claims to be waterproof but I haven't worn it swimming or anything like that so I can't attest to that.  My favourite thing about this product is the colour.  It really is a beautiful bronzey-coppery-gold which is subtle enough to wear everyday but is also visible enough to make an impact.  This cost me about 10 euros which is a fairly reasonable price, but sadly too expensive for me to feel like I could buy the other shades I like too!  Maybe I will purchase at least one of the others in the future but for now this eyeshadow stick is being used enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie



No comments:

Post a Comment