Sunday, October 6, 2013

Life lately; settling in to autumn

Hi there.

I hope your week is going well.  It's been getting very cold and autumnal over here with many many grey days and just the occasional bout of sunshine.  Yesterday the sun was out so I decided to make the most of it and took my camera out for a walk.  I have an obsession of taking pictures of trees.  I find them so beautiful, particularly in the sunshine and when the leaves are changing colour.


Leaves on the ground


Red berries in the trees


I love a good solar flare!

Some of the houses are beautiful in the sunlight


Sunny yellow house!



There are some quirky shops on our street.  One selling second hand furniture and the other some sort of pottery shop which has very recently opened.






Then we popped in to a little Jazz cafe we hadn't been to before for coffee.


I spotted this cute post office sign on the way home.


Today the weather has been overcast and miserable so to make up for it I'm trying to get autumnal by making sweet potato chips and trying to take up knitting again to make a mohair throw.  It's a bit of a disaster at the moment though and I think I've restarted it about three times.  I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm going to go and get on with eating my chips now!

Until next time :)

Twirlybirdie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment