Sunday, February 8, 2015

A new little black dress from ASOS

Hello there!

Phew I'm so glad my busy couple of weeks is over.  It ended with a performance on Saturday night and now I can catch up with myself and my life again.  It's nice to be busy but I am relishing the chance to have some quiet time for myself.  Outside the snow has been falling quite heavily but the temperatures haven't been quite as harsh as they can be some winters (-20 C).
At some point last month I ordered myself a new dress from ASOS.  It was quite heavily discounted in the sale which was what made me decide to go for it.  I don't really have many little black dresses in my wardrobe.  In the past I've always been drawn to colour and felt that black was kind of...dull.  With my recent mission to change up my style a bit I felt that as I was lacking in the black dress department, this one would start off my new collection nicely.

ASOS embellished dress
The beading on it is just gorgeous and it seems to be really well made.  I recently bought a full length Miss Selfridge beaded dress in the sale and, beautiful as it was, it didn't take long for all the beads to start falling off.  This dress seems quite a bit sturdier and well made.  Certainly worth the 33 quid I paid for it.  On the model the dress looked a bit short, covering up just as much as you could get away with.  On me however it's quite a bit longer than that.  The shortness was the only thing that I was a bit worried about so I'm pleased with the length, I think it gives it a bit more sophistication than it would have had otherwise.


I can't wait to wear this on a night out.  I think I have some events coming up at the theatre next month this can make an appearance at!  I went on the ASOS website to see if they still had this dress but it's sold out unless you get in the ASOS 'Tall' line.  They still had some really pretty other LBD's in the sale though, I had to make myself click away from the website quickly before I bought anything else!
I definitely need to sort out my wardrobe soon to make way for my nice new purchases.  Have you been updating your style in the sales?

Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment