Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pancakes for breakfast!

Hello!

If you read my last post you will know that I really enjoyed Valentine's Day this year!  Basically I spent a lot of time just doing things that I enjoy.  This didn't include the usual laying about and watching TV/ getting lost down the rabbit hole otherwise known as the internet.  No this time we were very productive but mostly just getting out and about doing things that we enjoyed.  It was like taking a little holiday in our home town.
Somehow pancake day falling on the following Tuesday felt like it was prolonging this proactive-ness in that if forced me to get out of bed in the morning and get cooking!  Normally I laze around in bed pressing the snooze button for at least half an hour (terrible I know but I set my alarm earlier than I need to because I know I'll probably end up doing this).  I'd never have the time to do any cooking in the morning before work after all that snoozing.  On Tuesday I was actually a little excited to get up and treat my fiancĂ© to some pancakes for breakfast.
I decided to go for American style pancakes because they're my favourite.  I was a bit selfish as my fiancĂ© prefers the crepe style pancake, but seeing as I was the one doing all the work.....
I used the same recipe I always do, the American Blueberry pancake recipe which I found on the BBC good food website.  It makes a lovely fluffy batch of pancakes though sadly I didn't have any blueberries to add in this time.  It's good that I got up as early as I did because it does take a bit of time to cook them all up if you're making four at a time like I was.
baking, lifestyle blog
We ate them with golden syrup and they were delicious!  The recipe made far too many pancakes for just the two of us so I was able to store some in the fridge and have them for breakfast the next day.
It made a lovely change for breakfast to throwing things in the blender and whipping up a quick smoothie (or just dipping some biscuits in tea when I can't even be bothered with that!).  I think changing your routine around a bit like this can really make a difference to how you feel.  Now that I've done a bit of baking I want to get in to the habit of it again.  Next on the list of things I want to bake is some scones!   I just need to purchase a cutter first.

Did you enjoy whipping up some pancakes for Pancake Day?

till next time :)

Twirlybirdie

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing. I think I may also may tonight pancake day! haha

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan! Why save it for just one day?!

    ReplyDelete